Thursday, February 9, 2012

10 Things I Believed When I Was A Little Kid In Order Of How Embarrassing They Still Are When I Remember Them Today

Yes, I should've been more bright. 10 things; lets start with number 10:

10. If I crossed my eyes for too long, my eyes would get stuck that way.

 9.  If I swallowed my gum, it would take SEVEN YEARS to digest.
          ...or it would turn into a tree. Imagine my grief...

 8.  A strange fear that the eggs in the refrigerator might hatch.
          ...thank you, Kids Help Phone for clearing that one up.

 7.  If my school bus went over a speed bump too fast it would explode.
          ...the things kids say on the short bus to daycare. 

 6.  North was literally 'upwards' therefore Canada was literally above the USA.
         ...I used to argue this point and use the map of the world to prove it.

 5. That my name (Jenny) was unusual because I didn't know anyone else named Jenny -
        ...until I went to kindergarten and learned I was just one of many.

 4. A hundred dollars was an unimaginable amount of money.
        ...and cleaning the house for 25 cents was a good deal.

 3. I went to a wedding where the groom and groomsmen were all dressed in pretty much identical tuxes, and I thought the ceremony was for the bride to choose her husband from all the men up there.
        ...I still believe this on some level.

 2. All grownups started their days with screwdrivers at breakfast.
        ...moving right along....

 1. I removed all of the tops from the year's supply of glass Coke bottles to lift up the seal inside the top to see if I'd won the car, compromising the carbonation of 30-something bottles of Coke.
        ...It seemed to be worth the trouble.

        ...unfortunately, this one is brought up often so it's number one ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment