Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Just read: The Kite Runner

I love graphic novels.

Khaled Hosseini had adapted his  international success into a comic book - a graphic novel - which took me two hours to read. This format of a story which takes on many issues and struggles of war, prejudice, honour and violence which have torn at Afghanistan for generations. What sets this apart from the novel and from the movie are
the hundreds of excellent illustration, drawn by Fabio Celoni and Mirka Andolfo.

The images tell the story in a way the movie could not - if you've read the novel (I hadn't) you still have your own imagination to draw from. The story is a condensed version with minimal text. Great for those of us with compromised vision. limited attention spans and need more than seven days to finish a book. I feel like I have lived a lifetime after reading a graphic novel in a single afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment